5.13.2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I know that we all have like 12 different recipes for chocolate chip cookies.  I always struggled to remember which ones I liked the best, but thanks to the lovely ladies at Our Best Bites, no more do I have that struggle!  This are by far my favorite recipe.  These are not a cakey cookie at all, so if that is how you prefer your cookies than this is not the recipe for you.  But if you like them chewy and gooey then you will love this one.

2 C. plus 2 Tbsp flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 Tbsp butter- melted and cooled until just warm
1 C. Brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 C.  Chocolate chips (I usually like to do 1C of semisweet and 1/2 C butterscotch)

Mix flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.  Mix melted butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.  Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Stir in chips.  Bake and 325 for 10-13 minutes.  Do not transfer to a cooling rack, let them cool on the baking sheet!  YUMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment