4.28.2011

Easy Milk Chocolate Frosting - Great for Brownies

This is the frosting recipe Mom uses to top her brownies. I remember having brownies a lot when we were growing up and they either had this frosting on top or sprinkled powdered sugar. I love this frosting. It is not a thick or heavy frosting.

3 T. butter or margarine
2 T. coca
1 and 1/2 C. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1 t. vanilla

Melt butter or margarine in medium saucepan. Stir in cocoa until dissolved. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Add more milk if needed. Frost brownies and let set until firm. Frosts one 13x9 pan.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about this frosting. I guess it's because I never frost brownies. We are hooked on ghiradehlli brownie mix. Which, I think is chocolatey enough. I might have to make a homemade bunch with some frosting. The kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete