4.26.2011

Brown Sugar Beef Enchiladas

These are super yummy and easy enchiladas!  They are one of our favorite meals!  Because it is just the two of us I usually end up with extra meat filling that I freeze and save for later.  The meat is also good on top of Fritos with some lettuce and other toppings, like a taco salad only with Fritos.  So basically I get two meals out of one dish and Brad LOVES both of them, which makes me very happy!


Brown Sugar Beef Enchiladas
1.5 lbs. ground beef or ground turkey.
1 can enchilada sauce
1/2 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1 can refried beans
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cups grated cheese
8-10 tortilas



brown & season beef. add beans, 1/2 enchilada sauce, brown sugar, and seasonings. bring to a simmer and remove from heat. fill each tortilla with filling and cheese. pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious. We just might have to try them for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think enchiladas are my favorite food. I will have to try this. Yummy stuff!

    ReplyDelete