7.11.2011

Lemon Rice

I made this rice for dinner last night to go with some chicken and corn cobs that Ben grilled. It was really good. I am not a fan of eating just plain rice. Ben doesn't mind it. Probably because he had it a lot on his mission and he was grateful it was rice and not something weird. Anyway, I love it when I find a good, flavored rice recipe. This is definitely a keeper in our family. The rice texture was perfect. I found the recipe on The Sisters Cafe site.

4 T. butter
1/3 C. chopped green or white onion
1 1/2 C. white rice, uncooked
3/4 C. diced celery
2 1/4 C. chicken broth
1 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. lemon zest
1/2 t. pepper
1 bay leaf

In a large saucepan over med. heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until softened. Add rice and stir to coat. Add celery, chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. Toss rice and let stand 5 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment